Heads up. We need to be considering people for roles to do the following tasks in a hurry before the next meeting with the land owner, developer, and 7-11 rep. These are what I believe the tasks will be, but we need to flesh this out at a meeting ASAP.
- Make posters inviting people to the next public meeting (1 person)
- Distribute posters (3-5+ people - all over Sellwood, East Moreland, Reed, Mt. Scott and Brentwood... AND Woodstock)
- Someone writes our official statement of the standing of Woodstock Cares and our opposition to 7-11's intended presence.
- Someone call AND(not or) emails the big TV outlets about the meeting. Ask them to send a reporter and preferably a camera. Tell them a big turnout is expected (fingers crossed) (1 people)
- Someone to post meeting to free e-calendars and announces on social media sites as invitations, ads and other ongoing information (1-2 people)
- Someone contacts the 4-5 neighborhood associations and asks them to send at least one representative each, if not a posse (1 person)
- Someone calls AND(not or) emails KBOO, OPB and other radio outlets to request a reporter AND offer a live interview by a representative of Woodstock Cares. (1-2 people)
- Someone calls AND(not or) emails Willamette Week, Portland Mercury, and other publications in Portland about this meeting an issue.
- Someone to call local businesses and request they send a representative to the meeting to voice their opinion. (1 informed person)
- Someone to call/email other citizen action groups that may be interested in backing this effort. (1 informed person)
- Optional: Someone contacts local universities to inform civic participation and request advice, support and that they let their students know to come to the meeting as well (1 informed person)